Getting to Marseille Provence Airport (MRS)
Marseille Airport is about 25km /16 miles to the northwest of Marseille. The airport is situated on the N113 road at Marignane. Areas close by include Vitrolles and Les Pennes-Mirabeau, Martiques to the west, Aix-en-Provence to the north-east and Salon-de-Provence to the north.
The main roads nearby the airport include the D-20, and the D9c to the south. Sign posts to Marseille are clearly displayed from the A7 motorway. A map is available on the airport website.
Directions from the south of the city to the airport
- Drive on the A55 to the north until reaching the AT.
- On the AT, drive in the direction of Marignane until the N113 road.
- The N113 will take you to the airport.
Directions from the north (Avignon)
- The airport is easily reached from Avignon. Simply drive on the A7 motorway (heading south) until the turn-off onto the N113.
- Continue on the N113 until you got the airport.
Directions from the east (Aix-en-Provence)
- From Aix-en-Provence travel to the south-west on the D9.
- Turn off onto the N113 and follow the signs to the airport.
- The airport is a distance of 25km from Aix-en-Provence.
Directions from the west (Nimes) to the airport
- The A54 must be traveled in an easterly direction towards Marignane.
- Take the exit onto the N113 and continue to the airport.
The distance when driving from Toulon to Marseille Airport is approximately 90km.
Beware of heavy traffic conditions on the roads Leading to the airport during morning and evening rush hour times. The roads can be busy on public holidays as well. Allow sufficient time to travel to the airport during peak traffic hours, and to find parking at the airport.
Alternative transportation to Marseille Airport includes bus services or taxis. Buses travel to the airport from Marseille Saint-Charles Railway Station, Salon-de-Provence, Vitrolles, Aix-en-Provence, Digne, Le Luc and other areas. The nearest train station is the Vitrolles Marseille Provence Airport Train Station. From this station it is a short 5 minute trip to the airport by one of the shuttle buses. Taxis are available from the taxi stands in Marseille, or can be called and booked in advance.
The airport has many services and facilities including ATMS, left-luggage facilities, WIFI access, First Aid services, Lost and Found services and many shops and restaurants to enjoy.
Information and Help desks at the airport can be found on the Arrivals level of the domestic and international terminals. The MP2 terminal has service desks in the public area that are managed by the travel agency mp2 travel.