Getting to Lyon Saint Exupery Airport (LYS)
Lyon Airport can be easily accessed by car, as the airport is well connected to an excellent road and motorway network. The airport can be reached via Junction A432. This road is also linked to the A42 (heading to the north) and the A43 (heading to the south). Lyon Airport is approximately 25km/16 miles to the east of Lyon city center.
Located nearby the airport, are the towns/villages of Saint-Bonnet-de-Mure to the south and Pusignan to the north. On the eastern side lies Charvieu-Chavagneux, Columbier-Saugnieu, Pont-de-Chéruy and Tignieu-Jameyzieu.
Directions from the west of Lyon to Lyon Airport
- Two routes can be followed from the west. Drivers can take Highway A43 in the direction of Grenoble/Chambéry or the A42 towards Geneva.
- From both highways, exit at Junction A432 and continue to the airport.
Directions from Bourg-en-Bresse (north) to Lyon Airport
- The Highway A42 should be followed, heading to the south.
- Take the exit of Junction A432 and drive to the airport.
Directions from Chambéry (east) to Lyon Airport
- Drive on Highway A43. Head west towards Lyon.
- Take the exit at Junction A43, which leads to the airport.
Directions from Valence (south) to Lyon Airport
- Drivers should head north on Highway A7 in the direction of Lyon.
- Then continue on Highway A43 until reaching the airport road at the A432 Junction.
- Continue to the airport.
Lyon can be reached from Paris by traveling on the Highway A6 heading to the southeast. The journey is a distance of 463km or 287 miles.
From Marseille, travel north on the Highway A7. When you reach Nice, head towards Aix-en-Provence, and then towards Avignon. Continue to the north to reach Lyon. Marseille is located 313km or 194 miles from Lyon.
Travel to Lyon from Grenoble or the French Alps on the A48 (heading northwest) until reaching the A43. The A43 leads the way into Lyon.
If you would like to avoid the hassles of finding parking, Lyon Airport can be reached by train, bus or taxi. The Lyon-Saint Exupéry Train Station is right at the airport within walking distance of the terminals, although it is only accessed by using the high-speed TGV trains. Satobuses travel from various destinations including Lyon, Grenoble, Aix-en-Bains, Annecy, Bourg-en-Bresse and Chambéry. Taxis are always available from taxi ranks or by calling the company to make a booking.
Lyon Airport offers a wide range of facilities for arriving and deporting passengers. There are two terminal buildings with a large central area that connects them. Departures for domestic or international flights are from the second level, and arrivals from the lower level. Five parking areas are available with a total of over 10 000 spaces.
Lyon Airport as three help desks. The main information point is in central hall, another in Terminal 2 (Departures3) and the other in Terminal 1 (Arrivals B).