Getting to Nice Côte d'Azur Airport (NCE)
Nice Cote d’Azur Airport is approximately 7 km/4 miles to the south-west of Nice city. It is situated conveniently close to the A8 motorway and the major roads RN7 and RN202, therefore easily accessed from any direction. The RN7 is also referred to as the Promenade des Anglais, and this road is to the northern perimeter of the airport area. To the west of Nice Airport are the towns of Cagnes-sur-Mer and Saint-Laurent-du-Var.
Directions from the north to Nice Airport
- Drivers should travel on the RN202 or the A8 motorway.
- From either road, there are signposts that can be followed to the airport.
Directions from the south to Nice Airport
- Due to the fact that Nice Airport is situated against the south coastline, there is no further access from the south.
Directions from the east to Nice Airport
- The most convenient road for access from this direction is via the Promenade des Anglais/RN7.
- Follow the signs to the airport.
Directions from the west to Nice Airport
- Drivers can choose between three roads from this direction, depending on which is most convenient. The A3 motorway, the RN7 or the RN98 lead the way to the airport.
- Airport signs will provide directions from all of these routes.
Although Nice Airport is not far from the city, the journey could take longer than expected due to traffic congestion. This is especially the case during peak traffic hours. Always allow plenty of time for travel to the airport, as well as time for finding an adequate parking space in one of the airport parking areas.
Passengers who would like to avoid parking hassles, can use an alternative means of transportation. There are many bus routes that serve Nice Airport. Buses travel from various locations in Nice, as well as from further destinations such as Avignon or Genoa. If you arrive in Nice by train, bus 23 (St Augustine Railway Station) and bus 99 (main Nice Train Station), provide connections to the airport. Taxis are always available for quick and convenient transportation.
Nice Airport has plenty of useful facilities including an impressive business center, chemists, a full service post office, banks and ATMs, Lost Property counters and many bars, cafés, restaurants and duty-free shopping stores. The airport is easy to navigate for disabled passengers.
An Information Desk is available in the Departures area of Terminal 1, at Nice airport. The desk is open from 6am to 8:30pm.